Platform Developer (Gateway)
Eagle Seven Technologies, LLC is seeking a C++ Platform Developer focused on exchange connectivity. The candidate should have a passion for finance and a strong sense of good software design. The role will be a part of the platform development team and provide the individual with exposure to traders and strategy developers. The individual will be responsible for analyzing exchange protocols, proposing design solutions, and implementing connectivity to trading venues across the world.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, have strong sense of ownership and be driven to provide technical and intellectual solutions to business problems.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Architect and implement low-latency market access solutions
- Design, develop and support market data feed handlers and exchange order routers
- Work with traders to understand and develop trading solutions
- Diagnose latency issues and resolve with appropriate tuning and optimizations
Skills and Experience:
- 3-6 years developing exchange connectivity solutions
- Strong background in C++ with demonstrated experience using C++11/C++14
- Proven track record of understanding and working with global exchange protocols.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Experience with exchange protocols such as FIX/Fast, OUCH, ITCH, etc.
- Working knowledge of tools such as wireshark, tcpdump, etc… to monitor and debug behavior
- Expertise with TCP/IP, UDP, sockets, network protocols, particularly on UNIX systems.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate ideas to colleagues within all departments/levels of the firm
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Eagle Seven offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
- Medical PPO and HMO coverage through BlueCross BlueShield
- Company Contributions to a Health Savings Account (with enrollment into a High Deductible Health Plan)
- Dental coverage through Principal
- Vision coverage through VSP
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax Transit Benefits
- Complimentary Lunch and Beverages