Network Security Engineer
Eagle Seven is seeking a Network Security Engineer for our Technology team in Chicago, Illinois.
With technology driving new strategies across the business, we are transforming our network into an intelligent infrastructure, reducing latency and improving scalability. This role is critical to ensuring the stability and reliability for our internal trading systems. Monitoring, problem solving, attention to detail, and timely resolution of issues are the keys to our Network Engineer’s success.
At Eagle Seven, no two days are alike. The candidate will have exposure to leading edge technologies and solutions, will appreciate the variety that the role and financial industry offers, and will have the desire to work collaboratively to learn new things every day.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, and validate architecture for end-to-end security infrastructure and its performance
- Design, implement, and manage firewalls and VPN solutions
- Design, implement, and support IPS/IDS systems
- Implement LAN/WAN, intranet, and extranet data networks
- Perform network capacity planning and benchmarking
- Perform analysis of resources to ensure we are meeting our expected performance metrics
- Perform technical analysis and performance tuning of hardware, networks, security, and monitoring
- Monitor the firm’s network availability, utilization, and security threat alerts
- Provide proactive problem isolation and identification
- Develop and enforce security rules, policies, and standardization
- Create and manage technical documentation
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering or similar technical major
- Experience in LAN network support, specifically troubleshooting OSI layer 1-3 problems
- Demonstrated knowledge of network hardware, local area networks, internet protocols, fiber and copper wiring standards, Ethernet, 802.1 standards, and wireless technologies
- Experience analyzing raw network traffic for root cause analysis
- Experience with Firewalls and VPN technologies across various vendor environments (Cisco, Forinet, HP, etc.)
- Experiences with IPS and IDS systems
- Scripting experience is helpful, Python is preferred
- Ability to think logically and creatively in problem solving
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Prior experience in finance or trading is preferred, though not necessary
Eagle Seven offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
- Medical PPO and HMO coverage through BlueCross BlueShield
- Medical Health Savings Account with Employer Contribution
- Dental coverage through Principal
- Vision coverage through VSP
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Employer Match
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax Transit Benefits
- Complimentary Lunch and Beverages
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!